The Young Men’s Christian Association is a worldwide organization based in with more than 64 million beneficiaries from over 100 different countries. We are very grateful to have this
After hard work from team members, we developed the following lesson plan:
YMCA Lesson Plan
- First Class: 1/14 – To Build the Simplest EV3 Robot And Basic Programming Techniques
Section 0: Self-Introduction (5-10 min)
- Who we are?
- State our lesson plan and goal
- Who are you?
- What brings you to this robotics class?
Section 1: Get to know the EV3/Lego Technic Building System (20-25 min)
- Introduce all the parts and their functions
Section 2: Build the Simplest EV3 Robot (25 min)
Reading material: Basics of EV3 Programming
Download and Install EV3 development Environment
2. Second Class: 1/21 – Programming Basics
Section 1: Basic Vocabulary, Software Navigation
- Introduction to the interface
- How to connect the robot, and run a program
Section 2: Green Blocks
- Demonstration of the effect of green blocks
- Exploration of the effect of parameters and different modes
Section 3: Make the robot move!
- Simple tasks, move forward, turn
- Challenge: Make a square with your robot’s movements!
Figure out how to use the Display & Sound blocks.